We have just been informed by Colerne that the pool is closed tonight (Tuesday September 16th) due to a technical problem. Therefore there will be no swimming.
IMPORTANT - COLERNE GUARDROOM HAS STATED THAT ALL OVER 16s MUST PRODUCE PHOTO ID.
We will be resuming widths and training sessions from Sunday 31st August at Stonar and Calne, and the sessions at the Olympiad restart on Sept 5th.
We will also now be running training at Colerne on Tuesday evenings starting on September 2nd. This will be
- Juniors (TAGS, Lowers and Uppers) from 6 - 6:45pm
- Seniors (Masters) from 6:45 – 8pm
Address - Azimghur Barracks, Colerne, Wiltshire, SN14 8QY
Colerne is a MOD establishment and therefore we will be subject to their security. This means that everyone who trains or drives/watches/accompanies in any capacity must be registered in order to obtain a pass. Therefore would anyone who is interested please send me the following details asap (by Sunday 31st at the latest).
- Name and age of all people seeking a pass
- Registration number of the vehicle plus make/model/colour
NB - everyone aged 14 or older must bring ID the first time for a pass to be issued (driving license, passport, etc.).
This does not mean an obligation to turn up every week but everyone needs to be accounted for. It is also necessary to turn up 15 minutes earlier than the start time on your first visit to allow for the pass to be issued.
I do need to submit the list of details beforehand so please email me your details by return to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last training session at the Bath Universoty Pool is on Thursday 31st July. The pool will then be closing for a refit.
When: Sunday 28 September 2014
Where: Hengrove Leisure Centre Bristol
What is involved: swimming a 50m race in all of the 4 strokes and a 200m IM. This is a 50m pool so it is a great opportunity to get some long course experience and times. You do not have to enter all 5 events but the entry fee is fixed.
Entry fee: £20
Deadline: if you are interested please email the Competition Secretary Julia Chadwick (Julia.email@example.com) by 10 August.
Please note that the last session at Stonar will be Sunday July 20th which marks the end of the current width block. This also affects TAGS.
Widths and TAGS at Stonar will resume after the summer break on August 31st.
The Wednesday and Saturday sessions will be run on July 2nd and 5th at the Springfield Centre.
The chance to win national masters medals arose again this weekend and so Nikki and Stuart paid the £6.40 to cross the bridge and compete at the Welsh National pool in Swansea. The venue seemed more popular than last year and the competition was much tougher. Our swimmers teamed up with Rebecca Squire and Keith Withers from Bradford on Avon (under the West Wilts Force 5 banner) with the intention of winning relay medals.
We have now completed the last Sunday/Monday sessions at the Springfield Centre until the renovations are finished (hopefully not too long). The full schedule and description of the sessions and times are detailed here. Things to note:
- Wednesday evening and Saturday morning training will continue at the Springfield Centre until July 5th owing to a slight delay in the start of the renovation works. The rest of the sessions will commence as planned from Friday 13th June at the alternative pools.
- It is not feasible to have a desk rota and full register at Calne, Chippenham and Stonar. The teaching team will make a list of all the swimmers (for safety purposes) and mark off swim cards.
- New swim cards can still be purchased from Shelley, Henrietta and Fiona but it is not possible to hand in cheques/orders at the desk (as it will not be there!). If you cannot locate someone selling cards then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I can post new cards out as required.
- Communications will be via this website and email. If you or someone you know has not been receiving emails recently then please send your address and details to email@example.com.
Finally, if you have any questions, queries or requests then please let us know (you should know the email by now). We will do all we can to enable the swimmers to keep swimming.
Richard Moore - Secretary
Here are the results from Session 1 (Sunday) and Session 2 (Monday) of the 2014 Sprints. Overall results out very soon!